CONTINUOUSLY VARIABLE TRANSMISSION(TR580) > CVTF
• CVTF level changes along with CVTF temperature. When inspecting CVTF level, observe the specified CVTF temperature.
• Always use specified CVTF. Using other fluid will cause malfunction.
1. Idle the engine to raise CVTF temperature to 35 — 45°C (95 — 113°F) on Subaru Select Monitor.
2. Operate the select lever in P > R > N > D and D > N > R > P to circulate CVTF with the engine idling.
3. With the engine running, lift up the vehicle and remove the filler plug.
Pay special attention to the following operations as the engine is at idle.
CVTF is at the specified level when it is up to the filler plug hole lower section.
4. When there is no CVTF leakage from the transmission, add the specified fluid up to the filler plug hole lower section.
General Description > SPECIFICATION
Note that when CVTF is added up to the lower section of filler plug while the transmission is in cold condition, overfilling of CVTF occurs, causing the oil to spill out.
Filler plug hole
5. Install the filler plug.
Use a new gasket.
50 N·m (5.1 kgf-m, 36.9 ft-lb)