DIFFERENTIALS > Rear Differential (T-type)
1. Attach the rear differential member plate to the rear differential.
Rear differential member plate
2. Set the rear differential to transmission jack.
3. Set the ST to the rear differential.
|ST 28099PA090||OIL SEAL PROTECTOR|
4. Insert the rear drive shaft until the spline portion of the rear drive shaft exceeds the side oil seal.
5. Remove ST from rear differential.
6. Push the rear differential from side to side to insert the DOJ into rear differential completely.
7. Adjust the transmission jack, if necessary, and insert the rear differential stud bolt into the rear differential mount bushing properly.
8. After inserting the rear differential stud bolt into the rear differential mount bushing, lift up the transmission jack and align the rear differential to its attachment position.
9. Tighten a new self-locking nut temporarily to the rear differential stud bolt.
10. Install the rear differential front member, and temporarily attach and tighten a new self-locking nut.
11. Remove the transmission jack.
12. Tighten the self-locking nut.
T1: 50 N·m (5.1 kgf-m, 36.9 ft-lb)
T2: 110 N·m (11.2 kgf-m, 81.1 ft-lb)
13. Tighten the self-locking nut.
70 N·m (7.1 kgf-m, 51.6 ft-lb)
14. Install the propeller shaft. Propeller Shaft > INSTALLATION
15. Install the center exhaust cover.
18 N·m (1.8 kgf-m, 13.3 ft-lb)
16. Install the rear exhaust pipe. Rear Exhaust Pipe > INSTALLATION
17. Fill differential gear oil. Differential Gear Oil > REPLACEMENT
18. Installing procedure hereafter is in the reverse order of removal.
19. Perform “Rear differential inspection mode” using the Subaru Select Monitor. (CVT model) Rear Differential Inspection Mode
Be sure to perform rear differential inspection mode when the following work has been performed.
• Replacement of rear differential
• Replacement of rear differential hypoid gear set
• Replacement of transmission assembly
• Replacement of front differential hypoid gear set